Saturday 8 December 2012

SCD Week 10 Review

So this week we had the dance fusion - what was the point? Some contestants used 2 dances that they had already done (Lisa and Kimberley), most used 1 they'd done and one they hadn't (Dani, Louis and Denise) and if I've got this right, one had to learn 2 dances effectively (Nicky).

Was Tess dressed best?: I actually quite liked this week's effort. Colour let it down though and I've preferred some of her other outfits. 7.5/10


Denise & James - Quickstep/Jive - "Reet Petite"

She started off well, but I noticed the mistake straight away. Do Wardrobe really have no idea how long dresses should be? There's been too many malfunctions this series and sadly for Denise she was the victim of one. I thought I spotted a couple of other mistakes too near the end. I did like the choreography though so well done James, I actually enjoyed one of your dances. Bad time to have an off week.

Judges' scores: 8, 9, 9, 9
My score: 8 


Lisa & Robin - Tango/Cha Cha Cha - "Voulez-Vous"

I have been a champion of Lisa before but after tonight, no way. I actually agreed with Darcey, the Tango section was much better than the CCC section. Robin has had to dance down to Lisa's level but the CCC portion of the routine just looked really laboured and limp. So many mistakes, she has to go soon.

Judges' scores: 7, 8, 7, 8
My score: 6 


Nicky & Karen - American Smooth/Samba - "Troublemaker"

I may be slightly controversial here, but I was surprised and impressed by this. Lazy choreography from Karen, it must be said, but I thought that Nicky danced it really well and those comments from Craig were ridiculous and uncalled for. He doesn't seem to like the male celebrities does he?

Judges' scores: 5, 7, 8, 7
My score: 6.5 (close to a 7, but Denise was much better so had to round down to a 6.5)


Dani & Vincent - Quickstep/Charleston - "Happy Feet"

WOW! I know I like Dani but this was brilliant. Vincent's choreography was fantastic (especially the Charleston elements)and Dani's technique has improved enormously since week 1. I can't give it a 10 as I think I spotted a mistake, but she was top of my leaderboard this week, and I can't help but think that a certain Girls Aloud member isn't getting as many votes as hoped....

Judges' scores: 9, 10, 9, 10
My score: 9


Louis & Flavia - Tango/Rumba - "With Or Without You"

Now I know I've been hard on Louis before (get your minds out of the gutter please folks!) but I think I've worked out why I'm just not enjoying this partnership - Flavia's choreography. The softness he has in his arm and hip movements should be perfect for the Rumba and yet it just didn't work (I felt as though Louis was just posing really). The Rumba section was better than the Tango section though, the Tango part was just too frantic and didn't flow with the song. 

Judges' scores: 9, 9, 9, 10
My score: 8


Kimberley & Pasha - Tango/CCC - "It's Raining Men"

WHAT ON EARTH WERE THE JUDGES WATCHING? Kimberley's free arm was just hanging there all the way through, she messed up the footwork a few times and yet apparently it was the best dance of the series?!? Denise's week 2 Jive was a lot better than that (and it pains me to say it as I really don't like D&J). Maybe the 4 couple final is to make sure that Kimberley gets there....

Judges' scores: 10, 10, 10, 10
My score: 7


My Leaderboard:
1. Dani & Vincent - 36
=2. Denise & James - 32
=2. Louis & Flavia - 32
4. Kimberley & Pasha - 28
5. Nicky & Karen - 26
6. Lisa & Robin - 24

No comments:

Post a Comment