Wednesday 24 October 2012

SCD Week 4 Preview

So we now know which dances will be performed by which celebs on Saturday. Here's my view on how the couples are doing so far plus clues to music/theme where they've been said on It Takes Two.


Colin & Kristina - SALSA. Supposedly a wizard theme. Hmm. In the training footage, Colin seems to be pulling the same constipated sex face that the Donovan had down to an art last year. If this is what Kristina teaches her celebs then maybe she needs to go to some acting lessons? In terms of technique, footwork looks alright, but I always worry about his arms and I don't think they'll be great on Saturday either.

Dani & Vincent - CHA CHA CHA. All I will say is "shaggy" - that should give a clue. The footage on Ian's WWU looks good, but the one shown in their interview wasn't. Dani seems to be struggling a little with the pace of the routine. Like Colin, her footwork is always decent, but her arms will be her downfall. Hopefully she can sort that out in the next few days.

Denise & James - CHA CHA CHA. No clue or theme mentioned for this one. I can't even remember them being on Ian's WWU - were they the ones where he said the celeb hardly straightened their legs? I think they might have been. All will depend on James' choreography for this one I reckon.

Fern & Artem - AMERICAN SMOOTH. Again, no clue or theme mentioned. As Ian said, her topline and hands especially are looking much better. As with Denise, it will probably depend on Artem's choreography for this one. Could he actually play it straight for once?

Kimberley & Pasha - PASO DOBLE. Theme seems to be Little Red Riding Hood/Werewolf, not sure what song can be done out of that. I really think that she'll struggle with this one, as I don't know if she'll be able to get both the technique and performance right. 

Lisa & Robin - CHARLESTON. Who else thinks that "Hanky Panky" would have been better served as a Charleston number? All we know is that Robin is going to be a geek. We are well aware by now that Lisa is always able to sell a routine, so we now need to see the technique from her. Her foot swivels looked ok, not great but not terrible by any means.

Louis & Flavia - TANGO. No clue or theme mentioned. I'm expecting good things from him but to me, the training footage didn't look that good. His hold and arms should be great but his footwork might let him down (as it did in his VW). Should be able to pull off the "Tango/Paso face" without resembling Chris Hollins.

Michael & Natalie - QUICKSTEP. No clue or theme mentioned as far as I'm aware. He is much better at Ballroom and the training footage shows that. He looks to have a good hold and the footwork seemed decent so we might have a nice surprise on Saturday.

Nicky & Karen - TANGO. No clue or theme mentioned so far. Ian was a bit scathing about this as well! I have no idea how he's going to do. His hold might be alright but I think he'll be really heavy-footed, so who knows whether it will go the way of his Quickstep or his Cha Cha Cha.

Richard & Erin - PASO DOBLE. No clue/theme mentioned. He's going to struggle to look masculine so they might have to go down the Russell Grant route for this (sorry Erin). From the footage, he seems to have grasped the shaping quite well, so this could be quite decent.

Sid & Iveta - CHA CHA CHA. No clue/theme mentioned. Understandably not much was shown here. I think he'll be ok, maybe more of a Colin than a Louis (comparing their CCC's in week 1). Hopefully Iveta can avoid the patented Ola Jordan Latin Choreography as he might be better with that.

Victoria & Brendan - TANGO. No clue/theme mentioned. I hate to say it but I doubt she's going to improve. I don't think she'll be able to get the staccato right and Brendan might well end up dragging her through it. 


My ones to watch for improvement: Fern, Michael, Richard

Who I'll be looking out for: Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment