Friday 18 December 2015

Strictly Come Dancing 2015: Week 12 (semi-final)

So as I've done occasionally before, I'm just putting this up as a draft and then (most likely) editing later. The post for the final will most likely be done in 2-3 parts. (doing the editing now....)

In the Style Stakes this week: Tess was Best Dressed, whilst the Best Hair Award went to Claud (yeah, trying to rhyme there). Also, special nomination for Darcey, loved the green dress she had on (well, I liked the colour anyway). In terms of the celebs, I liked Kellie's Rumba dress, Katie's Charleston dress and Georgia's CCC dress - on that last one, was it just me or was it a copy of one that was 'revealed' for Kimberley Walsh back in series 10? I remember the cut-out sections being similar....

Katie & Anton

Charleston - "Too Darn Hot":
1. Drunk Latin Katie is back!
2. She messed up a few too many times - forgetting the routine in places and losing synch with Anton
3. Loved the 'around-the-world' lift gone wrong, nice comedy there.
4. 4, Craig? 4? That will mobilise her fans to vote then (and I was one of them)

Waltz - "O Mio Babbino Caro":
1. Not sure if I liked the choreography, bit too frantic in parts for my taste.
2. As with Helen last week, major balance issues.
3. Needed some more smoke around the feet (I see Anton read my mind)
4. Who sung it? - Seen it was Hayley, look I knocked her last week but considering this song was clearly out of her comfort zone, I thought she made a good job of it.

Jay & Aliona

Viennese Waltz - "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?":
*RECYCLED SONG ALERT! (Peter & Erin in series 4)*
1. Good linear swing, and some facial expression!
2. He did close his feet occasionally Len. I deliberately looked whilst he was dancing when I noticed you get up from your seat and stare down at his feet (wasn't intending to rhyme that one)
3. Judges trying to create some competition? I thought that was much better than they made it out to be (not necessarily 10s mind)

Charleston - "Doctor Jazz":
1. Too much content I think, he looked as though he missed some steps
2. His little face when Craig said it was brilliant
3. For a themed dance, not bad. Not too much faffing.

Georgia & Giovanni

Cha Cha Cha - "I Will Survive":
1. Not enough energy from Georgia there. Better in the middle, but start and end weren't great. I know she's been ill but it wasn't a particularly fast song to dance to....
2. I wasn't a fan of the choreography, reminded me too much of their Salsa
3. Overmarked, overmarked, and a bit more overmarked.

Viennese Waltz - "Runaway":
1. Lovely choreography there Gio.
2. Thought it was going to be a 40, felt this was their best dance so far.
3. Loved the music too, great job on vocals there.

Anita & Gleb

Foxtrot - "New York, New York":
*RECYCLED SONG ALERT! (Colin & Erin in series 3)*
1. Illegal lifts Gleb, naughty naughty.
2. It was all going so well, and then those bloody lifts!
3. Height difference was really obvious in this dance

Salsa - "Feel this Moment":
1. Sorry but this wasn't a Salsa - I mean compare it to Kellie's Samba; also to an unsuitable song choice, but Kellie's had much more of the actual dance style.
2. WTF with all the praise judges?
3. Outfits were awful.
4. Brendan's face when Claudia called Gleb 'Ricky Martin'
5. Natalie's face when the scores were read out.

Kellie & Kevin

Rumba - "Songbird":
*RECYCLED SONG ALERT! (Cherie & James in series 6)*
1. Not sure what to think......
2. Didn't match up to Cherie & James' version for me.
3. Bit of a wobble towards the end
4. I thought her arms and hands were a little messy sometimes; the lines weren't completely finished
5. Thought the judges would give it 36, so slightly undermarked maybe

American Smooth - "Let's Face the Music and Dance":
1. Absolutely fantastic! 40 for me.
2. Great synch with Kevin. Brilliant lifts too.
3. Loved what they did with the music, more dramatic and made it exciting to watch.
4. Oti was so happy for them, and Natalie saying 'amazing' in the background
5. Even Gio going 'noooooo' to the thought of them being in the dance-off
6. Joanne miming the triangle and Kellie the harmonica in the 'voting is now open' bit.

Final *RECYCLED SONG ALERT!* count: 46 (over 12 weeks of shows, that comes out to an average of approx 3.8 per show)

No comments:

Post a Comment