Thursday 10 December 2015

Strictly Come Dancing 2015: Week 10

Had to apply for a new position at work and the process was LONG, meaning that I had to work on it at home, so I wasn't able to get anything written up sadly. So it's just going to be a 5 thoughts post for this week and week 11, with a top 3 dances update in between (I have the day off work today so I can hopefully get it all up, week 11 might be tomorrow).

Kellie & Kevin - Salsa - "I Want You Back"
*RECYCLED SONG ALERT! (Michael & Natalie in series 10)*
1. Poor Team KK, they've probably been on the carousel of odd song choices and outfits more often than anyone else this year.
2. Nice Salsa-fying of the song though Dave Arch.
3. They normally have help with choreography for this dance don't they? All I can say is, I would've preferred to see a more straight Salsa, like Jay's last week, Simon Webbe's, even Ben Cohen's! The drop wasn't anything special either.
4. What was with the text graphics? Just a bit weird.
5. Kellie was visibly tiring throughout (Kevin may have been overdancing in all fairness) and I wouldn't have been surprised if it turned out that the end with him pushing her towards the judges was improvised. I thought they may have been bottom 2 so they'll get in trouble unless they do some exceptional dances in the next couple of weeks.

Katie & Anton - Argentine Tango - "Libertango"
*RECYCLED SONG ALERT! (Dani & Vincent in series 10)*
1. LOVE this song, and with the 2 previous outings of it that I can recall (Austin's Ballroom Tango and Dani's) it usually meant a good performance so I was looking forward to this dance.
2. Loved Katie's dress, make-up was awful.
3. Bit disappointing for me. I can see what the judges meant about the legs needing to be sharper, but when you have legs as long as Katie's, it's bound to take a bit more time to flick them etc. If I remember rightly, Sophie EB's wasn't great either and she was tall as well.
4. It looked like Anton messed up at one point (the last key change) but they recovered well.
5. Well done to the bad, it sounded awesome (was it the Bond version that they did?).

Helen & Aljaz - Viennese Waltz - "At Last"
*RECYCLED SONG ALERT! (Natalie & Vincent in series 7, Denise & James in series 10)*
1. I wasn't a fan of this when I first saw it but after re-watching, bravo Helen!
2. You can tell that Aljaz is with Janette from the choreography (very similar style), but he keeps Helen in hold more so I didn't mind that they broke hold occasionally (now Kristina's VW with Jason Donovan on the other hand.....)
3. Choreography went beautifully with the song, so again, kudos to Aljaz, lyrical interpretation was fantastic.
4. Andrea, fab job on the vocals there.
5. Lovely beginning with the black and white section, and see Tristan and Jamelia, it is possible to not bump into props!

Jay & Aliona - Tango - "When Doves Cry"
*RECYCLED SONG ALERT! (Kimberley & Pasha in series 10)*
1. HE'S BACK! 
2. Again, not a fan on first showing but much better on second viewing.
3. Bit of an unusual Tango, but then this is Aliona, and it goes with the music.
4. Complicated choreography, but Jay didn't mess up once as far as I could see.
5. Erm, Rumba next week? Ouch!

Peter & Janette - American Smooth - "(I Get The) Sweetest Feeling"
*RECYCLED SONG ALERT! (Darren & Lilia in series 3)*
1. Oh Janette, if only you had smushed the cake in his face I would have loved you forever and forgiven any choreographic mishaps from you, but not to be.
2. Still a few pop-star tendencies in Peter, but then Janette was the same in this dance so fair enough.
3. Peter's best Ballroom by far. I actually thought he was quite decent in this.
4. Not surprised he was in the bottom 2 and out though, after Ovation-Gate last week.
5. I spotted the Kevin move at the end! (Kevin & Frankie's Foxtrot)

Anita & Gleb - Rumba - "Read All About It"
1. Awful outfit for Anita.
2. Awful choreography, she was clearly uncomfortable with it.
3. Andrea not great on this one.
4. There are no lifts in the Rumba Gleb.
5. There are also no splits or drag-throughs either.....

Georgia & Giovanni - Paso Doble - "The Final Countdown"
*RECYCLED SONG ALERT! (Rachel & Vincent in series 6)*
1. I love this song, not so much for a Paso though.
2. Was Gio actually playing the drums there? Credit to him if he was. Brave of him to leave Georgia on her own.
3. Great choreography for the most part, just wish there wasn't as much skirt-swishing
4. Georgia messed up a few times, not quite as strong technically as she normally is
5. I have never loved Giovanni more in his ensemble (nice nod to Gleb with the 'STAY' at the end)

Quickstepathon:
For me (on re-watch):
1st - Helen & Aljaz
2nd - Katie & Anton
3rd - Georgia & Giovanni
4th - Jay & Aliona
5th - Kellie & Kevin
6th - Anita & Gleb
7th - Peter & Janette

*RECYCLED SONG ALERT!* count: 43 so far

No comments:

Post a Comment