Saturday 24 October 2015

Strictly Come Dancing 2015: Week 4 (Part, the only)

Apologies that it's another 5 thoughts post again, however I can guarantee here that for the next 2 weeks, it will be back to the usual posts, I promise.

Ainsley & Natalie –
      1. Now although I criticised Nat’s choreography last week, she got it bang on this time. She can always get a decent Waltz out of a duffer (remember Tim’s last year?)
2. Loved her dress too, up there with Katie’s as one of the best
3. When me and my mom were watching this, we were thinking ‘awww… this is sweet’
4. I was looking for errors and apart from his top line not being great (much better than his Tango though), I couldn’t find anything else, his footwork seemed pretty good to me.
5. Good scoring from the judges, but then I think of poor Jay (more on him to come)

Anita & Gleb –
      1. Like Helen last week: good, but boring. It was quite repetitive as well I thought.
2. Gleb could have done a bit more with her, it was sort of like Kellie’s Charleston, they were apart for a lot of the routine.
3. Bit undermarked though, I was expecting an 8 or two.
4. Finally! The Paso/Tango I was hoping for! (It’s the latter)
5. Done to an awful song though, so let’s hope it gets Tango-fied like Ainsley’s and Katie’s songs were.

Carol & Pasha –
      1. Her best dance by far. Enough said.
2. She was really trying though, and I do love her for that.
3. Was it just me, or was she actually quite a bit more elegant and refined than Kirsty?
4.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, traditional music is a lifeline for a duffer, and it really helped Carol here.
5. Viennese Waltz to Seal, and once again it’s Carol vs Kirsty. And once again, I think Carol’s going to win.

Daniel & Kristina –
      1. Nice enough, this was actually one of his better dances.
2. The lifts were quite good, I wasn’t expecting him to pull them off but he did well.
3.  I totally clocked him singing at one point though, so I had a sneaky drink.
4.  I’m actually quite sad that he’s gone, he was just starting to get into the whole Strictly shebang, I was hoping that by about week 6 or 7 he’d go full on sequins.
5.  Might be for the best that Kristina goes out now, less opportunity for bad press.

Georgia & Giovanni –
      1. It might just be me, but did they slightly change the tempo of the song so that it suited a Quickstep more?
2. This was a pretty good dance from Georgia: footwork looked good, hold looked decent. Choreography from Gio wasn’t too bad either.
3. That being said, I was kind of distracted – with her being so short, she was sort of having to run almost to keep up with Giovanni.
4.  As I managed to predict her dance last week, I’m thinking we’ll get a Latin. And as most people in the later series have done a Cha Cha Cha at some point, I’m thinking now’s probably the time for her to do it (of the current celebs, only her and Kirsty haven’t done it yet, and as Kirsty’s just done a Latin…… - ETA, I was close: right style, wrong dance)
5. Why oh why do I get the feeling that Georgia will do a Pamela and end up looking much worse? (She can’t spin, you know)

Helen & Aljaz –
      1. Less awkward than her Cha Cha Cha, so well done to her for loosening up a bit more (also, *RECYCLED PROP ALERT* - Louis’ screen (and possibly table) from his Charleston)
2. Lifts were AWESOME, especially that ending!
3. Her hip action still needs a bit of work though, seemed quite stiff at some points.
4. I’m sort of getting Gethin-style vibes from her – not great at Latin to start off with, but will improve to be good by the end, although Ballroom is definitely a strength (that, and I think she’ll make top 4 but won’t win)
5. Quickstep? Hmm, out of all the Ballroom, I think this would be the one that Helen struggles with – fast dances haven’t been her forte so far.

Jamelia & Tristan –
      1. WOW!  So much better from Jamelia, I wasn’t expecting this to be that good!
2.  Looked as though her footwork was good, got quite a bit of swivel in there.
3.  It kind of says it all when her best dance is one that Tristan didn’t choreograph.
4.  Following on from 3, I thought she actually looked a lot better than Tristan in that Charleston. Is ‘cba’ his default setting?
5.  Foxtrot to Celine Dion. Excuse me but I think I’ll have to pass on this one (hopefully she’s near the end and I’ll be drunk enough by then)

Jay & Aliona –
      1.  I felt so sorry for him, in a fast dance like Quickstep, once you make one mistake you tend to make more as you’re trying to get back on track.
2.  Aliona gave him a difficult routine, and from what she said afterwards, clearly he could do it, but just happened to go wrong on the night and then spiralled downwards from there.
3.  So according to Craig and Len, Jay was only as good as Daniel? I was thinking more along the lines of Anita’s score….
4.  Trying to get a good Quickstep out of ‘My Generation’? Seemed a bit more difficult than I thought.
5.  A Paso? To Bon Jovi? I do quite like the song (I have it on my ipod) but clearly with this choice Jay’s the male that TPTB don’t want to win – just look at what poor Ashley had to put up with!

Jeremy & Karen –
      1.  He just bloody went for it didn’t he? So glad he’s through again, could we get him to Blackpool please?
2.  I’m kind of torn about what dance I want him to do – something slow like a Waltz would be nice for him after the Charleston and Jive, but then I do want to see how he copes with something like a Tango. Either way, pretty sure it’ll be Ballroom.
3.  Teehee, I got this spot-on! Like Natalie, Karen can usually get a good Waltz from a duffer (Nicky aside), so Jeremy should be fine.
4.  Apparently he quite likes a bit of Elvis (Costello, sorry dad!) so I think he’ll be fulfilling the Daniel role in this week’s drinking game.
5.  Vote Jeremy please (other contestants are available)

Katie & Anton –
      1.  One of the best dresses of the night, fabulous!
2.  Now here’s where Anton can come into his own. It was his way of saying to the judges ‘You want content? I’ll give you some bloody content!’ – and in a dance where there’s only a few steps too!
3.  Yes Katie was a little skippy in places, but she coped beautifully and those pivots alone meant she fully deserved top of the leaderboard (only just ahead of Jamelia though)
4.  If they do have to have a Latin next, then I think Anton could probably get away with a Samba (no lifts, lots of technique for Katie to get stuck into), and after all, it was the one dance that Katie wanted to do…….
5.  I was close with Salsa (just 2 letters off), but seeing as Anton’s last one was with Nancy Dell’eer-io, I’m not holding out too much hope…

Kellie & Kevin –
      1.  I found this dance a bit boring, but then I usually find Foxtrots boring unless the song changes rhythm a little (see Thom’s dance with Iveta last year, Simon’s as well)
2.  I did sort of get emotional about the whole story behind the dance, made Kellie a lot more likeable to me.
3.  I understand the reason for the dress (period and all that), but I would have preferred a different colour, the blue made her look a little washed out.
4.  Hmm what dance do I think she might have next? Kevin usually does a good Jive, so possibly that for her (Jesus I am good! Again, most of this was written up on the Sunday, so either I’m more psychic than I thought or TPTB have just become a lot more predictable)
5.  To One flipping Direction though!?! I can’t see how that is going to work at all.

Kirsty & Brendan –
      1. And so the whinging and excuses continue, but for once it’s not Brendan doing it…..
2.  Just remember Kirsty, the only reason that you’re still here is because Daniel messed it up in the dance-off.
3.  I do sort of agree with her on the song choice though, if they had to do U2 then maybe ‘Vertigo’ would have been better?
4.  At least Carol could be trusted to dance on her own.
5.  For her next dance there are only 3 words: HARRY. AND. ALIONA

Peter & Janette –
      1.  *sigh* I see the more realistic comments and scores from the judges only lasted one week then.
2.  His hold seemed a bit odd? Kind of loose?
3.  Not sure that he had the footwork down either, this is one of those that I’ll probably have to watch back a few times as I was confused as to whether it was good or not.
4. Rumba? Pass me the sick bucket please.
5.  Looking forward to seeing the singers attempt this though…


      This week's drinking game is as follows (numbers 1-10 are the same for each week, numbers 11-14 are for next week specifically):

      1. Every time Brendan says 'this girl'
2. Every time Len says 'you came aht' (bonus drink if he mentions the word ‘welly’ in the same critique)
3. Every time Craig mentions hands (bonus drink if he uses the word 'spatulistic' at any point)
4. Every time Tess & Claud, or Anita, go on about Gleb and his so-called hunkyness
5. Every time Darcey says ‘the boys are right’ (bonus drink if she’s too busy laughing or fanning herself to talk at any point)
6. Every time Bruno gets out of his chair (bonus drink if he falls off of it)
7. If any of Peter's wife/kids appear in his VT
8. Every time you see Peter try to get into shot in the Clauditorium
9. If Gleb finds a mirror in the Clauditorium after his dance
10. If you see Anton and/or Brendan get up to mischief in the Clauditorium


      11. If Jeremy starts singing during his routine at any point
12. Any song-related puns used by the judges after Ainsley’s Jive, Georgia’s Salsa, and Katie’s Salsa: also any artist-related pun for Kellie's Jive (1 drink max for each celeb)
13. If Kevin makes his and Kellie’s Jive have a 50s or Rock n Roll theme
14. If the singers murder Celine Dion or Ed Sheeran for Jamelia’s and Peter’s dances (1 drink for each)



      *RECYCLED SONG ALERT* count: 22 thus far (6 from this week)

       Ainsley's Waltz (Matt & Lilia in series 4)
       Anita's Samba (Rachel & Vincent in series 6)
       Carol's Paso Doble (Claire & John in series 1, Jill & Darren in series 2, Austin & Erin in series 6,    Ricky & Natalie in series 7 (this is down as 'Spanish Gypsy Dance', but I believe it's the same  music), Fern & Artem in series 10)
       Daniel's American Smooth (Scott & Natalie in series 8)
       Helen's Salsa (Pamela & James in series 8)
       Kellie's Foxtrot (Will & Hanna in series 3)


No comments:

Post a Comment